Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

Deep Look: Pro Flight Finale Recap, Presented By Layout Ultimate

This podcast is presented by Layout Ultimate Gloves; all opinions are those of the hosts. Please support the brands that make Ultiworld possible and shop at Layout Ultimate.

Charlie Eisenhood and Keith Raynor discuss the Pro Flight Finale and look ahead to the Club postseason. Revolver’s Grant Lindsley also joins the show for an interview about Revolver’s 13-11 win over Truck Stop in the PFF final.

Deep Look: Pro Flight Finale Recap

Note: You can follow Ultiworld and Deep Look on Spreaker. You can also find the Deep Look podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, RSS, and your other favorite podcasting apps.

Originally published at: https://ultiworld.com/2016/08/22/deep-look-pro-flight-finale-recap-presented-layout-ultimate/

So… 4 is a blowout by AMP over Slow White but 3 is a close game for Prairie Fire losing to Revolver?
I think 3 has to be a decent win for Revolver and Prairie Fire doesn’t get as much credit for it and then 4 is a solid victory for AMP over Slow White rather than a blowout.

That said, great analysis of the top teams- looking forward to all of the coverage from Ultiworld!

It’s a fair point. In general, I have long said that a four point win in elite ultimate is a blowout. That’s obviously a bit hyperbolic, but it does capture a kernel of truth.

Also, expectations matter!

I can see that- IMO 3 points means you didn’t really have a chance to win and 4 points means a blowout. AMP and Revolver really showed they are the teams to beat this year with their performances this weekend even with other teams showing they can compete. Should be interesting going forward.

Maybe an Ultiworld pick’em for Nationals could go alongside this bet you and Keith mentioned too!

Not sure if the 4 (or 3) points win is a constant. A game that is 11-11 then finishes 15-11 would hardly be described as a blow-out. Likewise if it’s a break-to-win scenario where a potential 14-13 becomes 15-12; I don’t think the winning team would really say that their opponent had no chance to win.

Also, btw, the score in the WUGC mens final, which I don’t think many would describe as a blowout. I’d suggest “comfortable win” as a better term :wink: