Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

Sexton Breaks Course Record, Leads Majestic By 3

Nate Sexton’s 17-under par 56 performance over 22 holes during the first round of The Majestic was not only good enough for the lead, but also a new Blue Ribbon Pines course record.Kentucky native Dutch Napier’s 14-under par 59 leaves him in second place after the first day of play, while local favorite Alex Geisinger carded an 11-under par 62 to share third place with Collin Bailey and Timothy Johnson Jr. Paul Ulibarri and Eagle McMahon are tied for sixth place at 10-under.

Sarah Hokom leads the Open Women’s division after her 3-under par 70 bested Catrina Allen (-2) by one throw. Paige Pierce’s 1-over par 74 finds her in third, while Valarie Jenkins (+5) and Lesli Todd (+6) round out the Top 5.

Sexton attributed his hot round to his drives, which allowed him to hit the green in regulation on 17 of 22 holes to lead the event. Even with the new Blue Ribbon Pines record in his hands, he said the showing was repeatable and that he was looking to pick up even more strokes in today’s second round.

“I made a few mistakes out there but managed to scramble for pars,” Sexton said. “[On] three holes my drive hit early trees and went less than 150 feet. I will just try to throw my best shot from lie and hopefully set a new record tomorrow.”

Live coverage of Round 2 begins today at 2:45 p.m. Central on the Disc Golf Pro Tour website, with live statistics being provided by UDisc.

Originally published at: http://discgolf.ultiworld.com/livewire/sexton-breaks-course-record-leads-majestic-3/