Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

All-Region 2017: New England (D-III Men's)

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007ff4100b2618>

Pistol here from Bentley, sorry I’m late to the party. Hope people end up seeing this.

I’m primarily writing to vouch for my teammate and co-captain Kyle Saroka #33 because there’s no doubt in my mind he deserves to be recognized as an all-region player. If you played against us this season or in years past you should have noticed Kyle- he’s the one who probably played nearly every point and made every big time play. I could talk all day about how great Kyle is at defense or how he can always get open or how his break throws jumpstart our offence, but we are lucky enough to have coaches who keep track of some statistics for us and Kyle’s are worth sharing. At our 2nd place finish at Layout Pigout, Kyle played 125 points over 8 games and his plus minus for the weekend (goals, assists and D’s all +1, turnovers -1) was +45. The next closest on our team in plus minus was +16.

My thoughts on players on other teams:

Williams- Emmet Blau for reasons everyone else has already said
Amherst- Zack Stern made huge plays on defense, made very fast cuts and probably has the best pulls in the region, which barely speaks to his throwing ability. He also exemplifies great spirit and used his experience as an EMT in taking care of any player when they went down with an injury, which is something I really appreciated.
Middlebury- Dylan Salzman was crucial to their offense by always being open on resets and releasing pressure with hucks and break throws
Brandeis- Mike Humbert (Ditto) and Nacho (don’t know his real name) can throw anywhere on the field and get open at will. Waltham best ham.

1 Like

Nacho - Ben Rosenfeld

Amherst captain Barrett “Frat King” “Rat King” “Bar Rat” King has long escaped the recognition that he deserves. Don’t let his lanky, hairy, bean-pole frame fool you. His deceptive quickness* and unerring patience is changing the face of this game as we know it. No one I’ve spoken to is sure whether he is incapable of throwing further than 15 yards or whether he simply has never faced the need. Unfortunately, since he, point-in and point-out, so consistently finds space to execute continuation passes to perfection, I doubt any of us will ever find out. Kevin and Borun may grab the limelight with their flashy plays, but Barrett is the X factor that brings the O-line together. Even during the hottest of barn-burners, his voice maintains a steady monotone (varies in volume, but never in tone) that reveals a refreshing mental toughness that Amherst players have historically tended to lack. To score a goal to send this scrappy squad of perennial underachievers to Nationals for the first time in four years on a horizontal, straight-to-the-sideline, how-did-that-work, don’t-let-the-freshmen-see-this cut (see Amherst’s Twitter for the video) serves as a fairy tale ending to the illustrious career of AoD’s fearless two-year captain.

*I used deceptive here because I’m not 100% sure he’s any quicker than the average guy, I just am not really sure how else he gets open so often