Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

All-Region 2019: Metro East (D-I Women's)

Just a disclaimer that I’m one of Cornell’s co-captains, so my best info is on my own team.

UAlbany

Sarah Thomann — not to harp on this but she’s a great player. Also incredibly spirited; despite the demands of being a team’s super star, I never saw her get down on her teammates or get frustrated. She was always smiling and completely willing to trust her teammates with the disc.

Rutgers

#17 Minhee Han — all around a very spirited player, definitely one of the rocks for her team with good throws and great hops. Can’t believe she’s only a sophomore???

#16 (?) Sarah Bright — incredible cutter, very hard to defend. Also has the throws to continue the disc and score often!

Columbia

Yuge — I think we all know Yuge is a strong player who pulls out some monster D’s, plus she’s a spirited leader!

Vivian Shen — a dominant handler for Columbia, very nice throws all around but especially nice breaks.

UConn

Caroline/Carl — a huge play maker for UConn who’s very athletic on defense. Clearly the core of the team.

Cornell

#23 Sami Smalling — all around unstoppable player. She handles, cuts, and generates monster D’s. Incredible layouts and pulls. Best dancer.

#5 Annie Zhang — intense defender, will take the hardest matchups and consistently shut them down. A rock for our D-line offense as well.

#7 Dena Behar — skilled handler with athletic defense, willing to lay out for anything. Can both huck deep and cut deep!

#16 Kerianne Coulon — Although she’s been out with a concussion for the last two tournaments, this girl is a superhuman cutter with airtight throws. Also one of our best defenders who will run-through D, layout D, or sky you

#13 Audrey Fox — fantastic cutter who is always saving the disc from the ground. Hype queen because of her amazing playing

Freshman nomination Cornell

#6 Amy Stephens — stepped into the handling role and has improved dramatically all year. Would trust her on starting O line. She’s always making smart decisions with the disc and has perfect OI throws to upline cuts. Plus she’s a diligent defender! You’ll recognize her as the cutest one of us with the pigtails.

Coach of the Year: Cornell

James Greeno — words can’t even describe how hard this man works for us. He’s the bedrock of our strategy and attuned to the team’s mental game. He knows exactly when to push us and when to remind us to take a deep breath and stick to what we know. Without a doubt our team would not have made it to Nationals last year or this year without him. His season planning is brilliant and he knows more about ultimate than any frisbee player I’ve ever met. He also loves the game (his perfect day is to half-play and half-coach at a tournament), and I think that true ultimate spirit should be honored.

Also want to shout out Larry from Rochester’s team — she’s an incredibly dynamic player, balling out everywhere on the field and has rock solid throws. Can’t wait to see where her ultimate career takes her!