Hi, I’m Geo (number 14 on Stony Brook), my team didn’t make regionals this year but I want to shout out the most noteworthy players I saw throughout the season. Disclaimer, I’m probably missing a lot of people, I don’t pay attention a lot when I play and this is mostly people from Stony Brook’s section.
First from my team:
- Alan Yi: As Stony’s captain he led our team in spirit and on the field and is a prime example of what an ultimate player should be. He’s an offensive machine, and can really do it all as a handler and cutter. He broke down zones with his over the tops and quick shifty throws and never stopped moving as a cutter making him a nightmare to guard. The only thing that stopped him was fatigue because he played almost every point throughout sectionals.
- Brandon Chan: Brandon is probably one of the best handlers in the region. He plays aggressive shut down handler D but his real superpower is his poise with the disc. He can throw anywhere he wants on the field with his quick break throws, huge hammers, and big hucks. He got injured before sunday of sectionals but his presence would have been a difference maker in the game to go against rutgers.
Other noteworthy people:
- Jeremy (UCONN) : Yea he’s good.
- Danny (#1) (UCONN) : Danny was crazy athletic, played crazy good D, and would always get the disc on the off chance Jeremy got shut down.
- Oscar (Columbia) : Oscar did it all for Columbia with his pulls, his poise with the disc in his hands, shut down defense, and being able to come down with a lot of hucks. I question his eligibility all the time.
- Yoyo (Yale) : I didn’t get to play them in the spring but in the fall he put Yale on his back and brought them to semis.
- #5 (Princeton) : I remembered this guy as the dude who traveled a lot, but was a super athletic cutter and played great D.
- Peggy (Hofstra) : He’s tall, athletic and repeatedly threw almost full field flick hucks, Hofstra would not be the same team without him.
- There’s a lot of Rutgers people who should be on here but it’s hard to pick any of them out considering how cohesive their squad is (Issac Arthur and Alec are probably some of the regions best defenders, Cannon was great offensively and Declan before he got hurt)
- Mackey (Rutgers) : Great throws, pretty hard to stop in the handler space.
- Iggy (Rutgers) : Iggy is crazy athletic which made him a nightmare on defense and offense.
- Derringer (Yale) : I had no idea he was a freshman which is even more insane, he’s athletic and is already one of Yale’s main handlers
- Flynn McCarthy (Stony) : I don’t know if I can include him here because he’s a sophomore, but he is a rookie. He’s only been playing frisbee for 3 months and is already a top cutter on our squad. He’s ridiculously fast, plays lockdown D, and got multiple layout Ds against Iggy in the game to go which is no easy feat. Everyone in this thread should keep a lookout for him in the coming years because you’re gonna have to make a game plan against him