Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

Williams To Sit Out Pro Tour Events This Weekend

Updated September 14 at 3:48 p.m. PDT: Bradley Williams has been suspended by the Disc Golf Pro Tour for the remainder of its season.

Despite the Disc Golf Pro Tour Championship no longer being a PDGA-sanctioned event, Bradley Williams is sitting it out.

The PDGA’s 14th-ranked player released a statement on his Facebook page today taking ownership of the actions that led to his recent 18-month suspension from PDGA play and offering that, while he would not play the Pro Tour events, he would help the tournament directors in any fashion possible.

“I take responsibility for my actions in this matter, there needs to be a fair punishment, and I apologise [sic] for not acting in a gentlemanly manner on the course,” Williams said. “This effects [sic] all of us, and I am sorry for my behavior.”

Williams would have been eligible to play in the Pro Tour finale, after tour director Steve Dodge announced last night that the Championship would not be a PDGA event.

Williams is appealing his suspension.

Originally published at: http://discgolf.ultiworld.com/livewire/williams-sit-pro-tour-events-weekend/