Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

YCC 2016: Filming Schedule, Presented By CUT Camps

Ultiworld will be on the ground in Blaine, MN, filming and reporting on the 2016 Youth Club Championships. We are filming the following nine games, which will be released for free on YouTube after the tournament is completed. We are not livestreaming.

Here is our filming schedule (subject to change):

All times Central.

Friday, August 12th

1 PM: Mixed: (1) Swing Vote [DC] vs (13) Powerline [San Diego]
3 PM: Girls: (2) BUDA [Boston] vs (5) Daydream Girls [Naperville]
5 PM: Boys: (4) ATLiens [Atlanta] vs (5) Chicago YCC

Saturday, August 13th

1 PM: Mixed: (2) Happy Cows [SF] vs (7) Oregon Flood
3 PM: Girls: (1) DiscNW Nimbus [Seattle] vs (8) Rip Tide [Portland, ME]
5 PM: Boys Quarterfinal

Sunday, August 14th

10:30 AM: Mixed Final
12:30 PM: Boys Final
2:30 PM: Girls Final

Originally published at: http://ultiworld.com/livewire/ycc-2016-filming-schedule-presented-cut-camps/

Just some curious questions:

1. What prompted these to be filmed but not live-streamed versus last year?

2. Why is there not a more diverse filming schedule?

Top teams being filmed like the 1-seed in the mixed and girls division (Seattle girls have never lost at YCC’s to date) and even the 4-5 game in the open division over other teams that might not get streamed at all? I get that you want to showcase the best Ultimate out there, but certainly seeing a team on the stream twice isn’t as diverse of coverage as I think most people would like to see? [I could be wrong here so if people think otherwise please feel free to chime in.]

Last year’s livestreaming numbers were pitifully low. There doesn’t appear to be much interest in watching these games live.

As to game selection, we were constrained to the games on the showcase fields. We feel we have a good mix of different teams and top contenders.

1 Like

Thanks. I figured it was something like this because I feel you consistently do a great job of picking what is best for the Ultimate community while still having sustained business & gradual growth of Ultiworld. Appreciate all you do for our sport!

1 Like