Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

All-Region 2017: New England (D-I Men's)

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007ff414167280>

Who are the best players in the New England region? This is an open thread to discuss All-Region nominations, All-Freshman nominations, coaching awards, and more. Stay positive and keep it civil.

that kid tannor isnt bad

For FOTY, Jake Radack has to definitely be considered. As a starting O-Line handler for the #1 team in the country, he has done everything asked of him for UMass.

1 Like

I agree, he has played well with Sadok. His performances are a big reason why UMass won both Centex and Easterns.

In the Centex final against UNC Jake had 3 goals and 2 assists. He is a integral part of their end zone offense.

Here are the biggest standouts from teams that BC played during this year’s series. Unfortunately we didn’t get to play against Vermont or UMass.

Mac Hecht (Brown)
Eli Motycka (Brown)
Jonah Kurman-Faber (Northeastern)
John Stubbs (Harvard)
Nick Roberts (Tufts)

Probably an unsurprising list. All of those guys should definitely be on one of the all region teams. I’ll briefly shout out some BC guys below. Probably not room for all of these guys on the all region teams, but I think all are among the top talents in the region.

Brendan Chambers: Incredibly solid. Effective playing both ways at regionals and possibly our most consistent player.
Connor McKnight. Known on the field as Springs. Has the throws to come under, along with some of the most impressive skies I’ve seen.
Josh DeBlieux: Excels downfield, but is also really important to our endzone offense. Extremely difficult to guard 1v1 in a small space for more than a few seconds.
Nick Porter: Lefty defensive handler. Great defender and opens up our D offense with smart cuts and break throws.
Ryan Cardinal: me

3 Likes

Also worth mentioning:

• Each of the guys from other schools are also at the top of the region in terms of spirit and sportsmanship, as far as I’ve seen.
  • Nikhil from Tufts should be on the all-freshman team, and considered for FOTY. I don’t really know of freshman on other teams though.
  • On BC, Ben Wishnie-Edwards (tall lefty O handler) and Myles Hahn (tall defender, good-looking guy) should be considered for all-freshman team
3 Likes

Would rate myself 10/10

3 Likes

BC finished T-3rd at Regionals, the best finish in program history. Coach Micah Flynn deserves some recognition for COTY.

3 Likes

Freshman of the region starts and ends with Solomon Rueschemeyer-Bailey out of Brown. Completely dominated New England Regionals assisting on 4 of browns first 6 goals against tufts and played every point in the final against Umass (guarding POTY favorite Ben Sadok on D points). Jake Radack from Umass definitely deserves some recognition as well for being the #2 handler on the nation’s #1 team as a freshman.

Ryan Cardinal (#2 on BC) should certainly be considered for All-Region. BC just had its best-ever finish at regionals at T-3rd, and it was largely on his back. He played almost every point in our upset victory over Harvard, as well as our loss to Brown in the semis. He’s our best thrower, best defender, and smartest player. Although we only saw a few of the teams there, I believe Cardinal had the best individual performance of any player at regionals.

As far as COTY goes, Micah Flynn should also get some recognition for BC’s success. I don’t believe that any other coach in the region gets as much out of the players they have (no BC player other than Cardinal plays club in the offseason). His knowledge of ultimate and general character is well-known throughout the region, and it is safe to say that we wouldn’t have been anywhere near the regional semis without him.

4 Likes