Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

All-Region 2019: North Central (D-III Men's)

I’d give props out to Theo as well here. Amazing athlete and a great spirit.

Hey this is Brendan from MTU. Wanted to give a few shoutouts to some opponents this weekend.

St Olaf: Dotts had some pretty big hucks and runs the show. Very skilled player and also a nice guy. #24 on St Olaf is a freshman I heard (might be wrong) but if so, hella impressive. If it wasn’t 24, im pretty sure they have some really dope freshman. They’ll be good for years to come.

Luther: ok wtf why is nobody talking about #23 (Peter maybe?). Dude is easily the best defender I have played against this season. Was very physical, but in a fair way, I loved it. Had a truly fun time in that matchup. I don’t see him mentioned anywhere but he was a fricken workhorse out there on O and D.

Mac: Jonah had a hurt ankle and still left it all out there. In the game to go vs Luther, I watched him put on a show. He was clearly tired, but left every bit of heart out on that field. Couple huge bids and a lot of nice throws.

Winona: Biz is fast as hell and a funny dude. Whole winona team was a blast, special shout to #34 idk why but he was cracking some funny ass jokes and i was dying.

St Thomas: the first time we played you guys, #46 was super athletic and making huge plays. I saw he busted his shoulder the game before us, but I wanna give him credit for playing through it against us. Speedy recovery, he’s a really good player. Also #12 had a silky flick huck release and some top notch throws.

GOP: Saul is the real deal. Kinda a faceless army, great defense, but Saul is definitely a tough matchup to control.

Hot Karls: two things: way to stand up for yourselves so starkly when that dude came out you on twitter about a potential name change. Loved it. Also some of the best jerseys I’ve ever seen. Would be willing to trade for one.

From Michigan Tech: Kevin Anthony (#35) had a great weekend. Can use his body well deep and also throw really well when he’s forced under.

Frank Uganski (#6) has been banged up all year but almost made it out of this tournament injury free. Very slippery dude, also makes a lot of big plays on 50/50 discs and is quick in small spaces.

Mitch Denooyer (#9) is our lefty D Line handler. Had a few big bids and a lot of nice throws. Hurt his right shoulder in the first half against Luther, but in the second half had two crazy catches.

Spirit was awesome this weekend. Every single game, even the most competitive ones, were played fairly. There will always be times when tempers flare, but overall I am impressed with the whole region.

Let’s continue earning bids for the region, regionals is a lot more fun when there are 3 or 4 chances to go to nationals.

2 Likes

Recapping the weekends top players:

McCann: Nothing more can really be said about him, lead his team to second in the region and strengthened his case for POTY. Showed a lot of poise with the disc and athleticism on resets and deeps. Was a matchup nightmare all weekend.

Saul W: Didn’t have to do much for GOP as they dominated all weekend but he is the best player on that team and potentially the region. Open all over the field and is a threat on O and D. Has the throws and legs to beat any matchup.

Chad M: Looked like he was playing through an injury on Sunday but still performed really well. LUFDA’s o-line struggled for a lot of the weekend but their d-line consistently got them breaks due to his presence on the field, he pulls all the strings for that team.

Dotts: Olaf will be disappointed to not be going to nationals but dotts showed again why he is one of the top players in the region. Was hitting a lot of hucks all weekend and playing solid defense. One of the best throwers in the division and he proved it again this weekend. Dark horse for POTY.

Frank U: Tech’s main cutter. He is a very solid player for them and should be guaranteed all-region second team at the minimum, maybe even first team.

Jonah: Helped Mac to the game to go. Should be second or first team all-region.

Peter M: #23 on Luther. Played super solid D and is really speedy. Should be a lock for the second team at the minimum.

Noah R (?): O-line handle for GOP, made a ton of great throws this weekend and throughout the season.

Ian Klein on GoP is an actual god. :wink: #BallerStatus #CallHimACutBoi #DabSZN #He’sAGuatemalanDisaster #SaulWIsJustShortForIanK

For voting purposes, I have the names for the St. Thomas players mentioned. #46 is Joe Lagorio and #12 is Eric Volkmeier