Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

All-Region 2022: Southeast (D-III Men’s)

Who are the best players in the Southeast region? This is an open thread to discuss All-Region nominations, All-Freshman nominations, coaching awards, and more. Stay positive and keep it civil.

My names Aidan McGovern, a captain of Florida Tech Ultimate and I would love to talk about two of our graduating seniors that definitely deserve to be recognized!!
First is Daniel Buwalda, our offensive and defensive anchor for the last 4 years. Daniel spent his last season split between us and AUDL’s Cannons. Besides being a monster handling, cutting, and skying anyone on the field, Daniel has acted as our captain in previous years and has been a leader on and off the team for us. Quoting on our team of “He’s so tall!” and “He plays Cannons” have been said, screamed, and whispered to any team we have played this year.
Second up is one Jacob “Hurley” Gaines, if anyone in this discussion attend the Conference Championships you might’ve seen his ridiculous spiked pull against Berry (Whoops). Besides an amazing personality on and off the field Hurley has been a mentor, motivator, and competitor for the 5 years he has been on our frisbee team. Lead handling this past year, he has surpassed our greatest goals for offensive production, and is the loudest supporter I have ever witnessed at any tournament.
Hopefully this isn’t took much gushing about some of my teammates, but these two definitely fit the criteria and deserve recognition for their commitment to the sport, spirit, and motivation to make Ultimate an all-inclusive, amazing sport.

1 Like