Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

All-Region 2023: North Central (D-I Women’s)

Who are the best players in the North Central region? This is an open thread to discuss All-Region nominations, All-Freshman nominations, coaching awards, and more. Stay positive and keep it civil.

Me fr……………………………………

1 Like

Tess Berry has been a dominant force in North Central Ultimate since they joined Bella Donna in 2018.

Mia Wieben has a grind and intensity that is pretty much unmatched in the area. She pushes our whole team to step up every practice and every workout.

Minnesota had a ton of players (that will have to forgive me for not knowing their names) that helped them give Carleton a run for their money. Just played with such intensity. Eugenia Garza, Emily Yoon, and Sahar stand out in my memory.

Lots of great players. 3 stood out to me.

Mars from Saucy Nancy (University of Iowa). Great cutter. Huge defensive threat in deep spaces.

Hansen from woman scored (Iowa State). super quick and very skilled handler. Her throws despite windy conditions were just magical.

Sahar from Matrix University of Minnesota. Sure-handed scoring machine - scoring nearly half the final points for her team on a tight game against Carleton.

Someone who really stood out was Sahar from University of Minnesota. Great defense and scored majority of her teams points.