Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

All-Region 2024: Ohio Valley (D-I Men’s)

Who are the best players in the Ohio Valley region? This is an open thread to discuss All-Region nominations, All-Freshman nominations, coaching awards, and more. Stay positive and keep it civil.

2024 Ohio Valley Coach of The Year should be none other than Penn State’s Luke Smith. The pure dedication and passion that he puts towards this team is nothing like this program has ever seen before. Since taking over the program about 2 years ago, he has turned Penn State Spank into a nationals bid-earning team that has been able knock off some of the top teams in the country. A large majority of this success is contributed to Luke’s knowledge of the game, and the amount of time and effort he puts into our strategy and preparation. He is also a guy that will always stick up for his players, and cares more about this team than anything. Coach Luke has been the catalyst to Penn State’s recent success, which this program has been waiting to see for decades.

Not sure of his real name, but “Wet Willy” number 11 the tall guy on Cincinnati was pretty good. I think he lives up to the name because he kinda runs like a wet noodle but boy he plays like a hard one.

When we played them, he roofed one of our guys and someone on the sideline yelled “You feel that? You just got Wet Willy’d!” And honestly it was pretty sick.

2 Likes

Player from Cincy here. I want to second the nomination for William Wettengel “WET WILLY” for the All-Freshman team. Not only is he a tough noodle on defense, but he is just a really great guy off the field. While we don’t call him this nickname yet at Cincy we sure Willy in the future.

Agreed, Luke Smith is that guy

Nick Alexander all-region cake, no doubt about it in my life. Dude is unreal

Willy Wetty is an easy person to spot on the field, but the other star freshmen on UC is Jake Wahl being the center handler on their OLine. Super confident with the disc in his hand and a freak athlete otherwise. The bearcats are a team to watch out for in the future