Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

Cole Redalen Not Renewing With Discraft For 2022

Originally published at: https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/livewire/cole-redalen-not-renewing-with-discraft-for-2022/

Cole Redalen at the 2021 Ledgestone Open. Photo: DGPT

Cole Redalen, who made a national name for himself by shooting his way onto the lead card at this year’s Ledgestone Insurance Open and earning a seventh place finish, will not be renewing with his manufacturer sponsor Discraft for the 2022 season.

“I am happy and sad to say that my plans for 2022 are beginning to look a bit different. I have decided to part ways with Discraft and move forward with other opportunities in the future,” said Redalen. “I could not be happier with their plastic, representing their brand, and the all around community that came along with it. They have done so much for me this year propelling me into my career and I couldn’t be more grateful!”

This past season, the teenager from Oregon played 10 Elite Series and Major events in his first year on tour. Redalen won five events (four B-tiers, one C-tier) and saw his rating jump to 1025, 24 points higher than it was in November 2020. 2021 was Redalen’s first season sponsored by Discraft.