Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

Garfield (Seattle, WA) Accepts Bid To HSNI

[caption id=“attachment_49640” align=“aligncenter” width=“1136”]

Garfield HS coach Rusty Brown talks to the team in the huddle.[/caption]

Garfield High School (Seattle, WA) boys ultimate team has accepted a bid to the 2017 High School National Invite, making them the second team after Cleveland to confirm their attendance.

Garfield lost to Cleveland in the Seattle Public School tournament final, but was undefeated against all other teams except Washington state champion Lakeside. Garfield also had two wins over Cleveland earlier in the season.

For more information on the HSNI, check out the event’s website.

Originally published at: https://ultiworld.com/livewire/garfield-seattle-wa-accepts-bid-hsni/

Not seeing a gender division specified in the post. Safe to assume the boys division based on the photo & linked post about Cleveland’s boys team?

Yep. Clarified the post.

1 Like

So Garfield didn’t win the Seattle city title, nor the State title, but they are definitely one of the Top 16 teams in the country? Hmmm. That seems like a pretty bold conclusion to reach at this point in the game. Carolina, DC area, PA/NJ, Mass. Probably 7-9 solid squads there, and that’s just the East Coast. Through in ATL, Chicago, Minny… and it starts adding up.

Edit: I should note that I’m a little uncomfortable debating the merits of high schoolers. I don’t mean to take anything away from Garfield, who certainly seem to have had a terrific season and it’s entirely possible that they are in fact one of the Top 16 teams. But to lock that in now seems a bit premature.

Garfield has a winning record (2-1) versus Cleveland and their only other losses are to undefeated (21-0) Lakeside. Hard to include Cleveland and not Garfield.

1 Like