Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

Kyle Klein Re-Signs with Discmania Through 2026

Originally published at: https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/livewire/kyle-klein-re-signs-with-discmania-through-2026/

Kyle Klein at the 2021 Idlewild Open. Photo: DGPT

Kyle Klein has extended his endorsement contract with Discmania for four years, keeping him with the Finnish company through 2026.

Although specifics of the new deal have not been announced, it is worth a guaranteed six figures annually with room to expand, Ultiworld Disc Golf has learned. Most modern manufacturer sponsorship contracts offer players a base stipend and also the opportunity to earn significant additional income through royalties on signature or tour series disc sales.

Discmania has made it a priority to sign its star players to long-term deals. Eagle McMahon signed a three-year deal at the end of the 2020 season. Simon Lizotte is on a five-year contract that he signed before the 2019 season. Both of those contracts expire at the end of next year.

Klein has been signed with Discmania since 2019, when he won both the PDGA US Amateur Championships and the Next Generation Tour National Championships. After the 2020 season, he extended his contract for two years. Klein has been one of the breakout young stars in the United States over the last two seasons. He just finished ninth at the USDGC and has been inside the top 10 at seven Elite Series and Majors this year. He is currently rated 1039.

“They’ve pretty much been the company that, in my mind, I’ve best fit in with,” said Klein. “Growing up in the sport, my whole bag was pretty much Discmania before I started my sponsorship with them. It’s just meant a lot that they’ve got my back always and that they’ve been with me throughout this whole journey.”

His new deal was brokered by Xander Kirby of Beacon Sports Management.

Kyle Klein released an announcement video on the Discmania YouTube channel:

Kyle Klein Extension