Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

Lizotte To Miss Aussie Open

[caption id=“attachment_525” align=“aligncenter” width=“999”]

Simon Lizotte continues to rehab after a knee injury that has sidelined him since July of 2016. Photo: Eino Ansio, Disc Golf World Tour[/caption]

Simon Lizotte will miss the Aussie Open in favor of continuing rehabilitation on his injured right knee, he confirmed to Ultiworld Disc Golf yesterday.

Lizotte initially hoped to make the event, and it was announced last month by the Disc Golf World Tour that he would play. At the time, though, Lizotte said his playing in the tournament was “nothing 100 percent sure,” and his name has since been removed from the PDGA’s event registry.

“Flying to L.A. on February 13,” Lizotte said in a message. “Have a couple more weeks of rehab at home.”

Lizotte recently resumed throwing, but hesitated to put a definitive time table on his return to competition.

“It’s a rollercoaster ride somehow,” Lizotte said. “I can throw but am not really near 100 percent. I hope I don’t try to go on tour too early. The next few weeks will show.”

Lizotte originally injured the knee last July during a clinic demonstration in Finland. He had surgery in October and had recently been working toward his return at a retreat in Switzerland.

Originally published at: https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2017/01/05/lizotte-miss-aussie-open/