Ultiworld Ultiworld DG

All Region 2016: North Central (D-I Men's)

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007ff419849800>

I served as an injured player/coach for LUFDA this year and here is what I saw during a crazy weekend at NC-Regionals.

1st Team
Lim-CUT
Henry Fisher-CUT
Jagt-MN(Didn’t really see his impact in the conditions as much, but a stellar reg season puts him here)
Osgar-MN
Spiess-Wisco
Avery J.-Wisco
Sam Berglund-Luther

2nd Team
Ian A-K-Luther
Cullen Raasch-IA St.
Jesse Bolton-CUT
Tristan Van Der Moortele-MN
Eric Taylor-CUT
Cox-Wisco
Soham-MN

Notes
-I didn’t get to see Wisco this past weekend so I’m just going off what we got to see at Vegas this year.
-Raasch of IA st. had about 9 goals against us and was clearly the biggest competitior on the field.
-Cut was obviously the class of the field this past weekend and I think these regionals teams should reflect that.
-My two picks out of Luther are obviously a little bias, but this is a year where we took on 10 rookies. We should have been well below average, but the play/leadership(Both were captains) of Ian and Sam willed us to be competitive in almost every game we played this season.

• Iowa had a great season but I really believe their talent lies in their young-ins.
    -Preuss out of Milwaukee deserves a nod, however he wasn’t as dominant this weekend in our matchup than I expected from an all-region player.
    COTY-Phil-CUT
    FOTY
    -Wallin-MN
    -Kaminsky-MN
    P.Miller-IA. St.
    -Barrett-Iowa
    -Brinn-Iowa
    -P.murry-Luther
    -Jonathan Lovagnini-Luther

The NC looks stronger than ever with many of the top teams bringing back a lot of guys. Excited that this region is back on top where it belongs. Good luck to the big three in Raleigh.