We believe in civilized community behavior at all times.
As you participate here, over time you’ll gain the trust of the community, become a full citizen, and new user limitations will be lifted. At a high enough trust level, you’ll gain new abilities to help us manage our community together.
Trust Level 0 (New)
We are sure you are a wonderful person, but you just created an account, you’re still learning the community norms and you’re not quite sure of the way the forum works.
Thus, your user abilities are restricted for safety – both yours and ours.
Users at trust level 0 cannot…
- Send private messages
- Create or reply as a new topic
- Flag posts
- Post more than 1 image
- Post any attachments
- Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
- Have links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile
- Mention more than 2 users in a post
Trust Level 1 (Basic)
If you stick around long enough to read a bit, you’ll become a basic user pretty quickly.
You can get to trust level 1 by…
- entering at least 5 topics
- reading at least 30 posts
- and spending a total of 10 minutes reading posts
Users at trust level 1 can…
- Use all core Discourse functions
- Upload images and attachments
- Edit wiki posts
- Switch to anonymous mode
- Flag posts
- Have all new user restrictions removed
Trust Level 2 (Member)
You keep coming back to the site, and you’ve participated long enough to earn complete citizenship. You’re a member now!
You can get to trust level 2 by…
- visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
- casting at least 1 like
- receiving at least 1 like
- replying to at least 3 different topics
- entering at least 20 topics
- reading at least 100 posts
- and spending a total of 60 minutes reading posts
Users at trust level 2 can…
- Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
- Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
- Daily like limit increased by 1.5x
Trust Level 3 (Regular)
Regulars are the most active readers and reliable contributors over long periods of time.
You can get to trust level 3, if you, within the last 3 months…
- visited at least 50% of days
- replied to at least 10 different topics
- viewed 25% of new topics
- read 25% of new posts
- received 20 likes, and given 30 likes to a variety of users
- received no more than 5 spam or offensive flags
- and must not have been suspended
Unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements, whether from flagging or the passage of time, you will be demoted to Member.
Users at trust level 3 can…
- Access an exclusive “lounge” category only visible to users at TL3+
- Opt out of viewing banner ads
- Recategorize and rename topics
- Have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow)
- Make their own posts wiki
- Spam flags influence increased by 3x
- Daily like limit increased by 2x
Trust Level 4 (Leader)
Leaders are regulars who have been around forever and seen everything. They set a positive example for the community through their actions and their posts. If you need advice, these are the folks you turn to first.
You can only reach trust level 4 by being promoted by a current moderator or admin.
Users at trust level 4 can…
- Edit all posts
- Pin/unpin topic
- Close topic
- Archive topic
- Make topic unlisted
- Split and merge topics
- Daily like limit increased by 3x